BOONVILLE — The Blair Oaks Falcons boasted four top-15 finishers Wednesday, leading to a first-place finish as a team in the Tri-County Conference meet at Hail Ridge Golf Course.
Blair Oaks won the team title, its fifth in the past 10 years but first since 2017, with a team score of 341. Southern Boone was second with a 355, followed by Eldon with a 356 and California with a 358.
Jake Closser led the Falcons with an 8-over 79, finishing in fourth place in the individual standings out of 40 golfers. Todd Bisges and Dylan Bryan tied for 11th place, each shooting an 86, and Brady Kicker was 14th overall with a 90 to round out the team score. JJ Quehl also shot a 100 for Blair Oaks.
The top 15 individuals received all-conference honors. Blair Oaks had the most all-conference honorees with four, while Eldon had three and Southern Boone, California, School of the Osage and Hallsville each had two.
Hallsville’s Logan Cox was the Tri-County individual champion with a 1-over 72. Southern Boone’s Jacob Anderson and Osage’s Zach Krantz tied for second with a 78.
Eldon was led by Teagan Hull, who finished fifth with an 80.
California’s Will Boyd tied for seventh with an 84 to lead the Pintos.
Krantz had the low round for Osage, which finished fifth as a team with a 376.
Versailles placed seventh with a 435, and Josh Denman took 23rd individually with a 98 to lead the Tigers.
The conference meet concludes the regular season for Blair Oaks. The Falcons will begin their postseason Monday in the Class 3 District 3 Tournament, which will be played at Payne Stewart Golf Course in Springfield. Eldon and Osage are also in that district with the Falcons.
California and Versailles will play in the Class 2 District 4 Tournament on Monday at Shirkey Golf Course in Richmond.
At Hail Ridge Golf Course
1. Blair Oaks, 341; 2. Southern Boone, 355; 3. Eldon, 356; 4. California, 358; 5. School of the Osage, 376; 6. Hallsville, 382; 7. Versailles, 435; 8. Boonville, 499.
1. Logan Cox, Hallsville, 72; 2. (tie) Jacob Anderson, Southern Boone and Zach Krantz, School of the Osage, 78; 4. Jake Closser, Blair Oaks, 79; 5. Teagen Hull, Eldon, 80.
6. Matthew Potter, Southern Boone, 83; 7. (tie) Will Boyd, California and Aidan Wells, Eldon, 84; 9. (tie) Andrew Bryant, School of the Osage and Enoch Dunnaway, California, 85.
11. (tie) Todd Bisges, Blair Oaks and Dylan Bryan, Blair Oaks, 86; 13. Weston Grant, Hallsville, 87; 14. Brady Kicker, Blair Oaks, 90; 15. Alex Lusher, Eldon, 92.
Other Blair Oaks Individual
24. (tie) JJ Quehl, 100.
Other Southern Boone Individuals
19. (tie) Lleyton Shoot, Adam Wiseman and Trent Hargis, 97.
Other Eldon Individuals
24. (tie) Luke Barchenski, 100; 29. Logan Blankenship, 112.
Other California Individuals
16. (tie) Kaden Bax, 94; 18. Ian Peterson, 95; 19. (tie) Jackson Hackett, 97.
Other School of the Osage Individuals
16. (tie) Paven Clark, 94; 34. Caden Neubauer, 119; 35. (tie) Clayton Elliot, 123.
Other Hallsville Individuals
27. Garrett Scheetz, 107; 30. (tie) Harrison Fowler and Brock Baumgartner, 116.
23. Josh Denman, 98; 26. Kyle Bartlett, 106; 28. Joel Faron, 108; 35. (tie) Zach Wegener, 123; 40. Joseph Courter, 146.
30. (tie) Austin Rice, 116; 33. Tucker Lorenz, 117; 37. Michael DeLeon, 125; 38. Ben Newman, 139; 39. Jackson Johns, 145.